Besides eggs, what can I have for breakfast? I am 22 5’7′ and 180 lbs. Is that overweight and what should my weight be, and what would be the most effective meal plan for me to get to my target weight goal which
Depending on your body composition, 155 is a very reasonable weight loss goal to shoot for.
One of the most common weight loss tips you will come across is that you need to eat breakfast each and every day, and this is for a very good reason. Eating breakfast:
- Gives your metabolism a jump-start for the day, which helps to improve fat loss potential
- Ensures that you are not ravenous by lunch time, which will help prevent lunchtime binges
- Gives you the energy you need for a morning workout, which is when most people can squeeze it in.
Now, you may be asking, “What should I eat for breakfast to lose weight?”
What I found to be most effective is planning out a series of five or six different meals, and then alternating between them. People are creatures of habit and find comfort in regular routines, whether that means going to school or work each day along the same route, eating the same meals, etc. This also makes it easier to keep the necessary ingredients on-hand and gives you a clearer picture of what to shop for in the grocery store.
There really is no specific food that will make you lose weight faster than others, but the key to all diets that work is that you need to keep it simple and don’t spend too much time overthinking it. Just try to get a little fat, protein, and carb into each meal.
A few examples of breakfast weight loss foods are:
- Ezekiel english muffin with almond butter
- High-fiber breakfast cereal such as Bran Buds with unsweetened yogurt
- Two-egg omelet with your choice of fillings (peppers, onions, mushrooms, salsa, chicken, etc) and a light sprinkling of cheese
- Scrambled eggs with black beans and salsa
- Sauteed mushrooms and onions with cumin, chili powder, salsa, and sour cream
These are just a few examples of breakfasts that I had regularly. Just tailor it to your specific tastes, get some of all three macronutrients, and keep your calorie limit in mind and you will be fine.
Strength and focus,